Thursday, 29 June 2017

pur cosmetics soiree diaries pallet | swatch & review


Hallelujah! That's all I have to say at this point besides, hey lovely people!

This is the brand new Soiree Diaries Eyeshadow Pallet that Pur Cosmetics released. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it as a go-to everyday pallet. Not only that, but Pur is a cruelty free company, and sells their products at great affordable prices (in my opinion), so I'm very happy to have gotten my hands on this pallet, and I'm even more excited to show you guys the amazing swatches!



This packaging is literally social media perfection at this point, everyone and their dog is becoming obsessed with white marble, and metallic rose gold, so naturally, this is stunning packaging.



Here's the beautiful inside of the pallet, I love how it's simple, and the names of the shadows are written below instead of on a little sheet inside the pallet which always gets lost anyway. The names are also super cute and current with the trends of social media these days; "socialite", "splurge", "snazzy", "glitzy", so adorable!



Here's the first row, private party, socialite, gala and mogul. A couple of great transition shades, blending shades and highlighting shades depending on your skin tone and the look you're going for. All matte as well, and I noticed they're really creamy but not too "buttery" feeling which for me with mattes is good, and there isn't a lot of fall out or powdery kickback with these as well. 



Splurge, stunner, snazzy and epic. These are some beautiful deeper matte shades, again, pigmented and creamy. That second shade, stunner, all over the lid with splurge, the first shade, in the crease blended with socialite, that peachy transition shade, would be the best warm matte smoky eye on the planet!



And here's the last four shadows, the gorgeous foiled shadows! Glitzy, twinkle, dazzle and cosmo. The pigmentation on these is absolutely amazing as you can see, I never use any spray or primers with my shadow swatches to keep them as true and honest as possible. I can tell that these will most likely give a little bit of kickback and fallout depending on how they're applied, but the best creamy foiled shadows will always do that. I like that there's a mixture of warm and cool / neutral shadows not only in the mattes but in the foiled shadows as well.




This is the look that I created when I first tried out the pallet, just a basic warm, matte, smoky cat-eye with a lot of definition.




These shadows were so easy to work with, and practically blended themselves.

If you want to see me use the cooler tones and the foiled shadows, make sure you follow my Instagram account, or I can do a separate tutorial using this pallet again if you'd like, please let me know down in the comments below.

Did you get your hands on this pallet? What kinds of looks would you like to see me create?

Joyfully Jordyn, xo